Skip to main content

Posts

SSA to Governor Ortom on Water Resources Loses Dad @ 98

Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to the Benue State Governor on Water Resources, Engr. Ejembi Candidus Ella has announced the passing on of his father Pa Jerome Abalike Ella.  Pa Jerome who passed on in the early hours of December 27, 2022 after a brief illness was aged 98. Until his demise, he was the eldest man in his village, Ogene and second to the eldest in  Amejo in Edumoga District of Okpokwu local Government area, Benue state.  Late Pa Jerome Abalike Ella The late Pa Jerome is survived by his two brothers, sister, six children, 85 grandchildren and great grandchildren, survive him. Prominent among his children are the SSA to Governor Samuel Ortom, Engr Candidus Ella who is the immediate past General Manager of Benue State Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agency (BERWASSA), former Rector of Benue State Polytechnic, Ugbokolo, Late Prof.  Olekwu Benjamin Ella who served eight years before his unfortunate death in a ghastly motor accident on June 1, 2015....

NAF Makes U-turn, Admits 'Bombing' Buhari Vllage

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has finally admitted carrying out military operations in Buhari village in Yunusari Local Government area of Yobe State on Wednesday. NAF had earlier denied any operation in the area, stating that the last conducted mission in Yobe State (not Yunusari LGA) was on September 5, 2021. NAF added that the reports on the bombing of the village were entirely false. However, the agency made a U-turn on Thursday. The Director of Public Relations and Information, NAF Headquarters, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet, said an operation took place in the area and shots were fired. The statement by Gabkwet said: “Following intelligence on insurgents movements along the Kamadougou Yobe River line, an aircraft from the Air Component of ‘Operation Hadin Kai’ was detailed to respond to the suspected insurgents’ activities in the area along the Nigeria/Niger border at about 0600hrs on Sept 15. “The aircraft while operating South of Kanama observed suspicious movement consistent wit...

Cholera Outbreak Kill 150 in Niger

Niger State government has broken silence on outbreak of cholera in the state as the commissioner for Health, Dr. Mohammed Makusidi, yesterday said 150 people had died as a result of the disease in the state. He said the deaths were recorded from April to date even as he did not give reasons on why the government was silent over the outbreak for a long time.Niger State government has broken silence on outbreak of cholera in the state as the commissioner for Health, Dr. Mohammed Makusidi, yesterday said 150 people had died as a result of the disease in the state. He said the deaths were recorded from April to date even as he did not give reasons on why the government was silent over the outbreak for a long time. The commissioner who spoke at the ongoing workshop by Pathfinder International in Minna noted that the outbreak was across the 25 local government areas LGAs of the state. According to him, before spreading to other local government areas, the disease was detected in 18 of the 2...

Personnel Shortage: Police To Recruit 60,000 Officers-IGP

Nigeria Police will recruit 60,000 police personnel over the next six years. Inspector-general of police (IGP), Usman Baba, disclosed this yesterday during his working visit to Kwara State police command. This is just as the police boss described Kwara as the most peaceful state in the country. He said the police high command would recruit no fewer than 10,000 personnel every year for six years. “President Muhammadu Buhari has given approval for us to recruit 10,000 police personnel every year for six years. We have started but we have not done for 2020. So, we are doing for 2020 and 2021 between now and the end of the year. Their training is for six months. Latest by the end of 2021 our strength is expected to increase by 20,000,” Baba stated. He added that the personnel would be recruited from the 774 local government areas across the country, adding that upon completion of their training they would be redeploy to their various states of origin. This, the police boss said woul...

NPL Flags- off Norminations, Entries for Winner of 2021 N25m Leadership Prize, Application for Leadership Training

  By Josephine Ejeh As Nigeria continues to grapple with the challenges of  bad leadership, the Nigerian Prize for Leadership(NPL) has flagged-off call for nominations and entries for its 2021 Prize Winner and Opening of Application for participants in the 2nd Edition of  the NPL Ambassadors Leadership Programme(ALP 002).  An initiative being promoted by some eminent elder statesmen and women, the Prize is to recognize outstanding acts of leadership, based on clearly defined Nigerian paradigm, at various levels of society, and human interest.  1st from right , former Presidential Aspirant for the Social Democratic Party (SDP), former Minister of  Information  and the Chairman, NPL Prize Presentation Committee, Prof. Jerry Gana, the Chairman, NPL Governoring Board, Prof. Anya Anya and other dignitaries present at the ocassion on Wednesday in Abuja. The Prize is open to all Nigerians and will be presented to the most qualified, selected based on app...

Amb. Anthonia Ekpa mourns Only Son Mfon-Obong

Maureen Okpe  Former Permanent Secretary  in the Ministry  of Women Affairs, Ambassador Anthonia Ekpa has announced   the painful demise of her only son, Mr Mfon-Obong Ekpa. The deseased, a native of Ema Itam village in Itu Local Government of Akwa Ibom State, passed on to glory on Monday, August 16th 2021. Late Mr Mfon-Obong Ekpa. In a statement signed by parent of the deseased,   Barrister Anthonia A Ekpa (PhD),  lamented that he will be greatly missed by all who had the opportunity of meeting and working with him. "Late Ekpa was the only son of the family. Mfon will be greatly missed by his business associates, church friends, family, and all  who had the privilege of meeting him. "Until his death, he was the lead innovator at Keap Technologies, and a strategy consultant with 2oc Tech Solutions. Mfon, as he was fondly called, had a unique drive to create  technological and security solutions for business in the Nigerian space. "He enj...

Ooni Dismiss Rumours of Resurgence of Ife-Modakeke War

  The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi has rubbished the reports that farmers killed in Toro village, Modakeke is a renewed crisis between Modakeke and Ife. Ooni described the killing in Modakeke as sheer criminality. "What happened at Toro village was sheer criminality and the long hand of the law would soon catch up with the perpetrators,” Ooni stated. He noted that attachment of communal coloration to the killing is an attempt by mischief makers to derail security operatives who are on top of the matter. Oba Adeyeye in a release by Moses Olafare, his director of media and public affairs said he received the report of the killing on Friday with serious concern. The monarch said the matter has been reported to the appropriate security agencies who have swung into action. Ooni warned that the Ife-Modakeke crisis has long been resolved and the killings should not be linked to the long resolved crisis. Oba Adeyeye thanked the Osun government, security agencies, and vigilante...